Type Of Residence: Bungalow
Size: 8000 sq. ft.
Ownership: Existing House
Years Residing: >20 Years
Demographics: 3 Generational Home
Type Of Work: Interior Design Consultancy
- Modern contemporary design theme with hints of elegance and luxe
- Customised personal spaces for individual occupier
- Wants maximized ceiling height
- Ample storage for collection of books
- Hidden storage areas for bulky items
- Interior design, fittings/accessories advisory and selection
- Coordination with architect and builders
A consultation session was held between Summerhaus and the homeowners. Initial findings were that the tender documents specified standard items with little consideration of the interior design.
Summerhaus acted as the bridge between the homeowners, architect and builders often explaining specific industry lingo or work rationale to the homeowners. At the same time, Summerhaus provided multiple drawings on behlaf of the homeowner and architect to the builder, ensuring a transparant and smooth communication channel.
For the design consultancy, Summerhaus helped the homeowners to identify what they needed, styles they like, anticipate future needs and visualize how the house will look after completion.
The result? Each occupant was given a room they liked, the common spaces takes on a neutral stance and all requirements/wishlists were realized. Unnecessary M&E and various costs were saved as Summerhaus was able to plan ahead to anticipate locations and required quantity of specific items.