You spend most of your quality time in your bedroom, yet you rarely get time to clean, maintain or upgrade it. Perhaps, you are pressed for time or don’t have the budget to refurbish your bedroom. Don’t worry, because there are many simple ways to update your bedroom within hours. And you don’t need to hire an experienced interior designer in Singapore for the job. You can do it yourself over the weekend, without having to spend a fortune. Here are some simple ideas.
· Replace bed linens – The famous American actor William Baldwin said, “Everything in a bedroom should contribute to an atmosphere of peace.” Do your bed linens breathe life to your bedroom? If not, replace them. Ideally, you should use white or neutral sheets, and never compromise with the quality. Cotton products with high thread count would be a great choice.
· Change the position of your bed – If you have a large bedroom, it would be a good idea to pull the bed away from the wall a little bit. Allow space for movement, and if possible place a small study desk between your bed and window. Repositioning the bed from time to time is a great way to break the visual monotony in your bedroom.
· Use light and shade –In fact, a creative combination of general lights, task lights, and accent lights could do the wonders. If you already don’t have it, consider using dimmer in bedroom lights. A cute table lamp on your reading desk close to your bed would be a good idea. Remember, lighting plays a major role in any interior design.
· Add a rug – You don’t have to shell out huge money for the rug. You’ll find a range of options within your budget. Adding a rug can make a world of difference in the look and feel of your bedroom. Consider using a colorful rug with gorgeous prints.
· Hang a mirror – Not only small living rooms needed mirror, but obviously your bedroom too. If your bedroom lacks space, a mirror in the wall can make it appear larger and more specious. Plus, the mirror will reflect light throughout the room and help add to the aesthetics of your room.
· Remove unnecessary furniture – Keeping enough space in your bedroom is important. So remove any unnecessary furniture from your bedroom. One good idea would be to use space-efficient, multi-functional furniture products, such as, an expandable table and a modular wall.
· Rearrange the artworks – If your bedroom has artworks hanging from the walls, you should rearrange the artworks after every few weeks. You can organize them depending on their size, pattern, and theme to make one part of the wall look like a real art gallery. Remember, however, that too many artworks can make your bedroom look clumsy.
Bedroom is a place where you relax, unwind, refresh, and rejuvenate yourself after the day’s hard work. Keeping it clean and aesthetically pleasing would help you improve the quality of your sleep. The above DIY ideas would help you improve the interior design of your bedroom.